Troitsk Worsted Factory is one of the oldest textile factory in Russia. The factory was founded by the Moscow merchant A.P. Prokhorov in 1797. In 1865 it was a cotton-spinning facility.
In 1865 the factory was sold to a German named Kouper, who converted it into an army woolen cloth production plant. Until 1976 the factory had been producing broadcloth. After than the plant was redirected to production of rake sliver combing. Since 1990s the plant started producing fingering yarn and machine knitting yarn, as well as worsted cloth production.